Monday, August 11, 2014

Famoso - Red Deer, AB

Oh Famoso, everyone in town was super excited when you were opening a year ago. A year later and I'm still not a fan.  I've had a few bad experiences, chalked up to the first month or so they were open and no business will run smoothly without any mistakes when they first open.

In the beginning, I found that they were overstaffed and there was a lack of communication between the staff. I have many examples of what i find demonstrates this but that was then.. this is now. And the most important aspect of a business is of course, the food.
Everytime I go here, I always find my pizza a little burnt... I understand that its flat bread and its pretty hard to cook/keep it consistent. But because of the couple burnt pizza's I've had, I'm not really a big fan. Overall, the apps, the pizzas and the dessert's I've had aren't anything special to me...
The desserts, most of them are overwhelming sweet. Definitely can only handle a couple bites, but they are pretty good to look at and good to share... especially with other women when its a certain time of the month ;)

Overall, I'm not a big fan of Famoso, on a recent trip there was hair in the pizza. Working in the restaurant industry, I know these things happen but personally just from when they first opened and the mishaps I've had with them... it's not a place I frequent when I'm dining out. Side note, other then the first month or so of opening, the service is consistently friendly and the owner is usually always there and is very genuine in knowing how your meal went.


Famoso Neapolitan Pizzeria (Red Deer) on Urbanspoon

1 comment:

  1. Hi iRene,

    Thanks for your review and your feedback in regards to your experience here. I'll certainly use this as a tool for helping further train and develop our staff here to ensure we are delivering a consistently great pizza that is cooked to perfection.

    If willing I'd love to chat with you more in depth about your experiences here. Care to get in touch through reddeer@famoso.ca?

    Sincerely,

    Ryan Curtis
    General Manager / Owner
    Famoso Neapolitan Pizzeria Red Deer


    ReplyDelete